Singareni seeks opinion from trade unions to reduce accidents in mines

K M Dayashankar


PEDDAPALLI: In the wake of a series of mine mishaps in various underground and open cast projects in the Singareni Collieries Company Limited, the management had conducted Safety suggestions meeting with trade union leaders seeking their suggestions for the improvement of safety measures and reduce accidents in the mines.

The SCCL had organised a meeting with all the national trade unions along with the recognised trade union of the Telangana Boggu Ghani Karmika Sangham (TGBKS) in Godavarikhani on Monday. SCCL director (finance) N Balaram attended the meeting as chief guest. On this occasion, Mr Balaram said that they had invited the representatives of the national trade unions along with the TGBKS to seek their suggestions for the safety of the miners as per the Director general of mine safety (DGMS).

He said that Coal India was excavating more than 95 per cent coal from the Opencast project and only five per cent from the Underground mines. Whereas in Singareni, the OCPs were excavating 86 per cent coal and the remaining 14 per cent from the UG mines, he stated.  He also stated that they were taking all measures to reduce accidents in Singareni.

Directors S Chandrashekhar and D Satyanarayana Rao, general managers of various divisions, TGBKS leaders B Venkat Rao, Kengerla Mallaiah, Miryalkar Raji Reddy, Kotha Satyanarayana Reddy, Anugu Ravinder Reddy, AITUC leader V Seetha Ramaiah, INTUC leader B Janak Prasad, HMS leader Narasimha Reddy, BMS leader Riaz Ahmed and others participated in the day-long meeting.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *